Saturday 2 July 2011

June Favourites!











Lips - L'Oreal HiP Jelly Balm in Savory
I have several of these HiP Jelly Balms (watch out for a review and swatches) and I love them! This shade is my favourite at the moment because I've been reaching for anything which is a coral or peach shade. It's not particularly pigmented but it is very glossy and pretty long lasting.


Eyes - NYX Eyeshadow in Nutmeg
I've been reaching for this a lot as I think it looks great with a lot of different colours of eyeliner. I've been experimenting with various gel and liquid liners and this is my go to shade when I do that. I find it very similar to my Urban Decay eyeshadow in Underground which is also a favourite neutral of mine.


Face - MAC Lustre Drops in Sun Rush
I picked this up in a blog sale as I wasn't sure about paying full price in case I didn't use it much but I will definitely be buying more! I mix a little with my foundation and it gives my NC30/35 skin a lovely glow. It's not glittery or too frosty so I can wear it in the daytime without it looking too crazy!


Cheeks - MAC Cream Colour Base in Rich Coral
I love this colour. I apply it with a MAC 188 and it doesn't look anywhere near as crazy as it does in the pot! The texture of this CCB is nice too, I find that some of the frostier ones are a bit firmer but this one is very creamy. I've tried it on my lips too and I like the colour but find it a bit too drying when used that way.


Skincare - Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre
I managed to get my hands on this after hearing all the hype. I tried not to get too excited in case it didn't work for me. My skin is normal/combination at the moment; I get quite dry cheeks. I use this every night and sometimes in the mornings (if I'm not using Origins Vita-Zing) and I've noticed a pretty substantial improvement in the texture and condition of my skin. I still get occasional breakouts but no more than before I used this.


Bodycare - The Body Shop Body Butter in Wild Cherry
I love Body Butters - they're pretty much the only body moisturiser I use and I like this one for summer as it has a lighter texture compared with other Body Butters I've tried. I also got an amazing deal on a set of four recently. In their sale the Body Butters were reduced to £6.00 and they had a 'buy three, get one free' offer which meant I could get four of them for £18. In addition to that, I had a £5 off voucher (from InStyle magazine) and my 10% discount so I paid a measly £11.70 for all four! Bargain.


Hair - Lush 'New' Shampoo Bar 
This is supposed to promote new hair growth and it smells like cinnamon. I haven't really noticed a lot of new growth but it has really helped my hair by keeping it from getting greasy as quickly. I don't have to wash it as much when using this shampoo. 


Nails - Chanel Rouge Noir
I know this is not a summery shade at all and I'm a total nail polish fiend so you'd think I'd be able to have a more exciting favourite but I always find myself reaching for this and wear it on both my fingers and toes so it's a firm favourite with me!


Random Favourite - Teddy, my five month old Maine Coon! 
We've had him for almost six weeks now and he's amazing. He's super sweet and very snuggly! He's always very interested in what I'm doing (and you can see from the photo at the top that he managed to get a bit of his fluffy tail in there!)






What are your June favourites?

Stace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment