Thursday 25 August 2011

Quick Reviews: Clinique & Johnson's Skincare Empties

I've been using up all of the skincare products that I have opened; I have some Liz Earle and other cleansers, masks and scrubs which are almost finished so watch out for quick reviews on those in the next week or so!



First up, a GWP size Clinique Turnaround Instant Facial Masque. I got this when I bought the serum and didn't use it until recently. This 15ml tube has around 5/6 uses in it. It is like a scrub and a mask in one as it has lots of exfoliating grains. I put this on after cleansing and leave it on for around five minutes. I find that it leaves my skin feeling very soft although it was a touch drying on my combination skin. I used this around once a week. I don't think I'll be buying the full size unless my skin becomes oilier but I would definitely recommend this to anyone with oily, blemish prone skin.

Secondly, a GWP Clinique Mild Liquid Facial Soap. I love these little tubes! They last me forever and are great for travelling. This little 30ml size has lasted me around two months and I've been using it once daily. This is what I use to wash my face when I'm in the shower. It leaves my skin feeling clean but the formula, which is tailored to suit dry and combination skins, doesn't leave me with a tight or overly dry feeling. One of my main issues with cleansers which need to be rinsed off is that they tend to be drying so I'm impressed with this and am definitely considering buying the full size when I run out of the other face washes I need to get through!

Finally, I finished up a huge 150ml tube of Johnson's Oil Balancing Gel Wash for combination skin. I have to say that this is definitely my least favourite product of the three and I'm glad I finally finished it. It's a very basic face wash which leaves my skin feeling clean but I always get that tight or too dry feeling after I use this. I always felt I had to moisturise a lot more after using this. Recently, in my attempt to use it up, I've been using it to clean my skin (which it does well) and then using an intensive moisturising treatment mask afterwards to combat the dryness. I was also using it on my shoulders and chest areas to help get rid of any spots. I won't be repurchasing this but it is a good buy if you've got more oily skin because it will help with that.


I hope this was useful! Watch out for more skincare empties/quick reviews!

Stace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment