Tuesday 6 September 2011

EOTD & Swatches: Wet'n'Wild Blue Had Me At Hello



Blue Had Me At Hello



Left side swatches



Right side swatches

I was going to do swatches and review type posts for my Wet'n'Wild palettes because I have almost all the permanent palettes now and some of the limited edition ones...addicted to Wet'n'Wild, much?! But then I realised that I actually have to use each palette before reviewing it so I'm just going to post the looks I create along with swatches from the palettes as and when I use each palette.

I am not normally adventurous with my eye make up at all but I was really drawn to the aqua shade in this palette (right side eyelid shade). I used that shade on top of E.L.F. Eye Lid Primer and applied it with an E.L.F. Eyeshadow Brush. I then took the darker blue crease shade and applied it to my crease with a Revlon Eyeshadow brush (it's fluffier). I grabbed a Crown Brush Blending brush and a little of the browbone shade to  blend out the darker shade. I used Eyeko Big Eyes mascara.  Now, I don't think it looks amazing, I'm not the best at eyeshadow but I'm amazed that I'm wearing blue eyeshadow and it doesn't look terrible! On the rest of my face I wore MAC Viva Glam Gaga II with Barry M Toffee on top. I didn't put on any blush but highlighted with MAC Soft & Gentle MSF.

As for the shadows themselves, most were awesomely pigmented. A few of the darker matte shades could have been more pigmented but then they are matte and I always find matte shadows to be less pigmented anyway. The shades I used were easy to apply and blend so I really can't complain.

Overall I don't think I'll use this palette a lot on it's own but I can see myself picking out some of the shades to mix with my more neutral shadows. I might try a navy/bronze smokey eye next so watch this space!

What do you think?

Stace xx



4 comments:

  1. I love how it is labeled where you should apply the color! Your eye makeup looks great! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is useful :) Thank you! It was a huge departure from my neutral eye make up!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This worked so beautifully on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving that eye shadow!

    ReplyDelete