Wednesday 12 October 2011

First Impressions: Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint in Beach 03


I always keep little pots like these for when I get samples in sachets - it means I get more than one use out of each sample! This is a stick of three and is from Superdrug, if you're interested!


A Swatch


Blended Out


I recently did a swap and my swap partner included a sachet of this as an extra. I've been wanting to try this for a while but after reading mixed reviews I didn't want to commit to a full size tube without trying it first so it was nice to get this to try! 

First of all, this shade is too dark for me. I think, in MAC terms, its around an NC35 - NC45 sort of shade. It'd be okay for me if I was tanned in the summer. I'd be interested in trying the Beige 02 shade.

I've tried it once on it's own. I applied it with my fingers and found that even though it's quite thick, the coverage was disappointing. Now, I am not an expert when it comes to tinted moisturisers, but I expected something a bit more from this. It basically just tinted my skin orange. I put my MSF Natural powder on top to bump up the coverage and it looked okay but it was nothing amazing. One of the reasons I like the idea of a tinted moisturiser is that I expect the finish to be nice and dewy so when I have to powder them, it kind of defeats the purpose for me.

I think if you can find a shade match in this and want something very, very sheer, you'll like this. I think the thick formula is deceptive but I guess they have called it a SHEER Skin TINT so it does what it says on the tin.


Have you tried this? What did you think?

Stace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment