Sunday 2 October 2011

Weekly Make Up Challenge #1 - MAC - My Thoughts

Monday - I was in uni today and managed to get my make up done so quickly that I had time to watch a few youtube videos before I left! I went for a neutral eye with Patina and Satin Taupe in the crease. On the lips I just used the Lip Conditioner (which I love). I'd forgotten about my Studio Sculpt concealer and how it was a bit of a pain to work with but it did last all day. I used Notable on my cheeks.


Tuesday - I didn't put make up on until the evening because I had a few friends round. I used my Groundwork Paint Pot and lots of Haute & Naughty Lash mascara; the more I use this, the more I like it. I went for Soothing Beige on the lips and Warm Soul on the cheeks. I seem to have a weird spot on my upper lip which just won't be concealed. Oh dear!


Wednesday - In love with Warm Soul again today! I used Rebel on the lips. I love the colour but it's a bit messy to apply and goes everywhere if you eat or drink anything. Since I was wearing a bold lip, I used a bit more concealer than I normally would and concealed the blemishes I get on my chin (damn hormonal things!) as well as the newly formed spot on my upper lip. I can safely conclude that I hate the Studio Sculpt concealer. It looked disgusting. I applied it so thinly and blended it really well but still it went patchy and looked all waxy and gross. Ick!


Thursday - I went for Satin Taupe on the eyes today - I really like the colour. I think it's universally flattering so it's a great shadow to own. I stuck with my Warm Soul blush and added a bit of Soothing Beige TLC to the lips. I'm going concealer-less today thanks to yesterday's disaster!


Friday - Did I mention how much I enjoy using the Face & Body foundation? Well, I like it very much. I'm not going anywhere today either so I've just added some Blondes Gold pressed pigment to my lids, Warm Soul on the cheeks and Soothing Beige on the lips. I cheated a bit by using my Milani HD Concealer under my eyes because I needed to conceal there and I'm never using the Studio Sculpt again.


Saturday - I only put make up on to go and babysit. It was very quick and simple again but this time I used Tempting eyeshadow all over the lid.


Sunday - I went for Satin Taupe on the eyes today and just some lip conditioner. I'm getting a bit bored with a lot of these items now so I guess it makes me feel a bit better about having so much make up since I clearly like to switch things up!




Overall...




HITS: Face & Body foundation, Warm Soul mineralize blush, Soothing Beige tinted lip conditoner, Satin Taupe and Patina eyeshadows


MISSES: Studio Sculpt concealer




What do you think my challenge for this week should be? There'll be a post up tomorrow!

Stace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment