Monday 21 November 2011

Make Up Forever HD Foundation

I picked this up on a blog sale about a month ago and I've used it almost every day since. I have the shade #125 which suits me pretty well right now. I'm somewhere between an NC25 and NC30 in MAC terms. 






Swatch


Blended out



Product: Make Up Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation

Price: $40 from Sephora or £28.95 from here for 30ml

Description:

"A makeup artist must have- HD Foundation. Oil-free, this medium-to-full-coverage high definition formula creates a soft-focus effect that softens lines and blurs imperfections."

What's Good About It?

The ease of application! I can apply this quickly with my fingers and I get an even and nicely blended finish in no time. I always use a primer with this so that helps too. The finish is semi-matte which is not usually my preferred finish but I've been using highlighters and blushes with some shimmer to compensate. It leaves me with a really nice base and it stays on most of the day without feeling heavy or looking cakey. I usually use two pumps for my whole face; it only takes 1 1/2 pumps but I use the excess to go back over the more problematic areas. The shade range for this foundation is pretty extensive so I'm sure everyone can find a shade suitable for them.

What's Disappointing?

If you have a lot to cover, you probably won't like this foundation. I really wouldn't describe it as a full coverage foundation. It's enough for me on a daily basis when I'm not too fussed about having completely flawless skin. It won't cover huge amounts of redness and you will need to conceal most of your blemishes. Make Up Forever isn't as readily available in the UK either, which is annoying!

Overall Score & Comment: 7/10 - I hardly ever repurchase foundations but I think if I run out of this, I might try a darker shade in the spring or summer time. It's such an easy foundation to use, I'm really enjoying it!


Have you tried this? Any thoughts? Please share!

Stace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment