Thursday 3 November 2011

Review: Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base

Product: Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base

Price: £36 for 50ml from Bobbi Brown stockists

Description: A Bobbi Brown Best-Seller. Bobbi recommends this as the first step to prepare skin for the smoothest makeup application. Rich in feel, but never greasy, this advanced oil-free, face formula, with Shea Butter, instantly hydrates, softens, and cushions skin. Carrot Extract and Vitamin A Complex help minimize the look of fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamins C and E help protect against environmental damage. Grapefruit and Geranium fragrances leave a light, uplifting scent on skin. With daily use, skin looks and feels its best. Dermatologist-tested.

What's Good About It?
It smells nice, it's moisturising and it made my foundation go on more smoothly. I think this is more suitable for very dry skins or for someone who uses a very full coverage, matte foundation. I only have a deluxe sample so I didn't fork out the £36 for a full size. This also means I can't comment too much on the packaging

What's Disappointing? 
I tried this as a primer under Bobbi Brown's Skin Foundation and it was a horrible greasy mess. I've never had such shiny skin! I don't know if I used too much or applied my foundation too quickly but there was definitely something amiss! This product only worked if I used a powder. I rarely use a powder to set my make up so personally, this product is more trouble than it's worth for me. I don't like the idea that it's in a jar either.

Overall Score & Comment: 3/10 - I'm going to save this for the days I know I'll be wearing powder or if my skin's feeling very parched.

Have you tried this? What were your thoughts?

Stace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment