Thursday 26 July 2012

Illamasqua Cream Blush in Zygomatic

I wanted to buy most of the products from Illamasqua's Naked Strangers collection but I was restrained and went for the cream blush in Zygomatic. I've already got an Illamasqua cream blush in Rude, which I love, so I was pretty sure I'd be pleased with my purchase.


The texture of the Illamasqua cream blushes isn't sticky at all and the finish of Zygomatic is quite dewy.   Illamasqua describe this shade as a 'naked pink brown' which I'd say is about right. It's very subtle on my skin tone so if you're any darker than a MAC NC35, I'd advise skipping this but if you're pale, this should be a great shade for you. 


My favourite way to apply this with the Illamasqua Highlight brush but I also like using my fingers or a Real Techniques Stippling brush. Since it's on the sheerer side it's quite difficult to over-do it with this blush in terms of colour but I'd avoid applying more than a couple of layers as it can look a little greasy. I get around five or six hours of wear out of this blush which is pretty good considering it's a cream product which doesn't dry down. I've applied a powder blush on top to increase the wear time and that's worked well for me. 


Zygomatic is priced at £16.50 and is available from Illamasqua counters or online (link).

Did you buy anything from the Naked Strangers collection?

Stace xx

4 comments:

  1. Looks fab. Such a pity we don't have illamasqua here :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo looking good definitely want this as an NW15 - 20 that should definitely work on me x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a great neutral/rosy pink for pale girls :) xx

      Delete