Friday 31 August 2012

LUSH Rub Rub Rub Scrub

One of my favourite things about LUSH is that if I'm feeling like a little beauty treat they always have something to satisfy my needs! One of my most recent LUSH purchases was their Rub Rub Rub shower scrub. Regular readers will know that my usual body scrub of choice is the Garnier Body Tonic Sugar Scrub  which I usually pay around £3 for. At more than twice that price, Rub Rub Rub was definitely a 'treat' purchase for me. 


LUSH recommend using this scrub on dry skin for intense exfoliation or in the shower for a more gentle polish. They also say that it makes a great volumising shampoo and foot scrub. I've used it on dry skin before showering and as a foot scrub. I find that it works reasonably well as a foot scrub but it really comes into its own when used on dry skin prior to showering. I especially like using this product on my legs. It leaves my skin looking a little brighter and feeling really smooth.



The product itself is blue and deliciously scented with mimosa and orange flower. It's a pleasure to use even if you do have to spend a while rinsing little chunks of blue body scrub down the plughole. The scent was quite unexpected for me; for some reason I expected it to smell very fresh and maybe even a bit masculine. The scent is quite delicate and whilst it does linger a little, it shouldn't interfere too much with any scented body lotions or perfumes.



I'm a fan of this body scrub and although I probably won't repurchase it immediately, it has made it's way on to my LUSH favourites list and it's definitely something I'd buy again at some point.

Rub Rub Rub is available from LUSH stores or online (here). It is priced at £7.95 for 330g.

What's your favourite body scrub?

Stace xx

8 comments:

  1. ooh I haven't been to Lush in a while, next time I go I'll check this out!

    My favourite body scrub is the Soap & Glory Flake Away Scrub (^__^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I can't stand that scrub any more! It's way too greasy for me and I hate the scent but I used to use it all the time!xx

      Delete
  2. I need to try this - the scent sounds lovely, and I'm obsessed with exfoliating every 2-3 nights :L
    Lovely to meet you last night!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a bit of exfoliation too :) it was lovely to meet you too!xx

      Delete
  3. The scent sounds lovely but I'd be very wary of using a scrub as a shampoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've not tried using it as that partly because it's a scrub and partly because it does have some oil in it...I feel as though it'd leave my hair looking really greasy. It doesn't lather up either.xx

      Delete
  4. Been looking for a good scrub for ages! I'll pick this up or look into the Garnier one :) Thanks!

    www.abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is more 'scrubby' so you don't have to use it as often but I still love the Garnier one! Try both ;) xx

      Delete