Sunday 30 September 2012

September Favourites - Hair, Skin & Nails

I stopped doing monthly favourites posts because I always found it difficult to pick out the products I really loved but this month it was so easy. I posted yesterday about my favourite make up items from this month but today I wanted to talk about other beauty products I've been enjoying too.


Aussie Luscious Long Leave In Conditioner
Before I started trying hair oils this product was a staple of mine and I've gone through several bottles of it in the past. When I last got my hair cut my hairdresser used a leave in conditioner spray and it reminded me about this one which had been languishing unloved in a drawer for almost a year. My hair can look really limp and flat if I use a traditional conditioner so I prefer to use something like this or a hair oil on the ends of my hair after washing it. Aussie Luscious Long leaves my hair feeling incredibly soft, much more so than any hair oils I've tried. Because it's such a fine mist it doesn't weigh my hair down or cause it to become greasy either. If you hair hair like mine, I'd definitely recommend trying this.


LUSH BB Seaweed Fresh Face Mask
This mask from LUSH doesn't look particularly nice (think huge chunks of black seaweed...) but it makes my skin feel so refreshed and lovely that I can't not mention it in this post. I got about five uses out of this pot so used it around once a week. LUSH recommend this mask for every skin type; apparently men really like it. There's nothing too irritating in there or it's not too drying/too moisturising. I've tried several of these masks from LUSH and this one is by far my favourite. 


L'Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream
I'm sure you can see that this product has been well loved because it's almost empty! I really don't like feet but I like them even less if they're not well looked after. I usually prefer to use a thick foot cream overnight and this product doesn't work too well in that context. However, I've been using this all month after my morning shower and because it sinks into the skin so quickly it's much more convenient. When I first tried this foot cream I was seriously underwhelmed but I've recently grown to love it. You do have to be willing to use it daily or at least every two days, though.


Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Lotion
I picked this up from FeelUnique a couple of months ago and it's since been my go-to night time moisturiser. I'm not completely taken with the almond scent but it's not too overpowering and I can live with it because the lotion does an excellent job of hydrating my skin. I'm planning to review this properly soon so watch this space!


L'Oreal Color Riche Polish in Beige Countess
It wouldn't be a favourites post without a L'Oreal Color Riche polish, would it? You all know I love these polishes but this shade is the one I've used the most; as you can probably see. It's just a typical medium nude shade that goes with pretty much everything. It's not my favourite polish in the world but I have been wearing it an awful lot this month. I used to think it was very similar to Essie's Lady Like but it's a lot more beige and therefore more flattering on me. The formula is easy to work with and I love the wide brushes on these polishes.

Let me know if you like favourites posts; I might try to do them more regularly from now on.

Stace xx

8 comments:

  1. I'd love to try the leave in conditioner and a L'Occitane cream is on my wish list- only last time I was in there the sales assistant was all over me like a rash haha bit off putting!
    http://lardygrub.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they're always trying to up-sell!xx

      Delete
  2. Do you use the Aussie leave in conditioner alongside a normal one or on it's own? :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the L'Oreal nail polishes too, perfect size bottles and brushes!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your favourites posts! It's something I've never posted myself but I'm feeling inspired to do one now. Definitely going to try out the L'oreal polish! Lovely.

    Sara
    www.sarawears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) you should, leave me a link if you do!xx

      Delete