Monday 26 November 2012

Worth The Hype? Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream


Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream is one of those cult beauty products that everyone seems to have. I held off on trying it for a long time because it sounded like over-priced vaseline but after receiving a small tube of it in a gift set, I was hooked. 

Okay, so a 'skin protectant' is never going to be the most glamorous product considering the price but I'm willing to pay £25 for a tube of it because it works wonders on chapped lips, burns, acne, dry skin, irritated skin and a whole host of other minor skin problems. The only other downside to Eight Hour Cream is the smell; it can be a bit overpowering and unpleasant. I'm notorious for avoiding products with a scent I don't like (sickeningly sweet lip balms: bleurgh!) but I managed to handle this orange balm because the benefits outweighed the initial suffering. I'm so used to the scent now that it doesn't bother me at all.

I use my Eight Hour Cream most often as a lip balm but I've also used it recently all over my face before bed after a bad skin day and around my nose when I had a cold. It's become a staple of mine and I've yet to come across a similar cheaper product which works as well. 

Do I think Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream is worth the hype?
You bet I do!

You can pick up a tube online or at Elizabeth Arden stockists. 

Stace xx

14 comments:

  1. Yes yes yes, I just love it. I'm yet to need it for anything other than soothing sore lips but I know it will be magic on anything else

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember when you were considering buying it! So glad it's working out for you :) xx

      Delete
  2. I've been resisting this but everyone seems to lurvveee it so I think it'll be going on the Christmas list!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See if you can get your hands on a little mini size - it's a great way to try it out.xx

      Delete
  3. I sometimes steal my mum's when my skin is acting up, it works so well! They've released a non-scented version as well now, so you could try that out next time. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've smelled that one and it seems to smell just as bad!xx

      Delete
  4. This sounds great, i get really dry skin :( xx

    xelliealicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love eight hour cream but i've also found moa green balm recently which is another great multipurpose product, have you tried it? x

    http://onthedressingtable.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not heard of it but will definitely have to look into it!xx

      Delete
  6. Ooh i've always wanted to try this, but its so pricey!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth it - try to get your hands on a smaller size/sample!xx

      Delete
  7. Easily my favourite beauty product. Used it for crap skin, lip gloss, burns..the whole shabam!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I should have mentioned that I also love using it after I pluck my eyebrows.xx

      Delete
  8. I swear by this stuff! So glad you liked it :)

    Your blog is fab I am now following! x

    ReplyDelete