Friday 25 January 2013

Illamasqua S.O.P.H.I.E. blush

Say hello to my new favourite blush! This is S.O.P.H.I.E. and it's a powder blush from Illamasqua. I used it for the first time about three weeks ago and have struggled to put it down since. The brightening effect it provides is helping me through this dull and dreary January.


I don't know if you can tell from the photos but this blush looks like an absolute glitter bomb in the pan; that's usually a huge no-no for me. However, you can see in the swatch that it's only slightly shimmery and on the cheeks I think it looks almost matte. Illamasqua describe it as a 'golden coral shimmer' which I suppose is fairly accurate. 


Texture-wise S.O.P.H.I.E. is easy to apply and blend. I've been using a duo-fibre style brush to avoid applying too much colour, which works pretty well. I get a good 6-8 hours of wear out of this blush; that's longer than average for me!


All in all, this is a nice product from a lovely brand. I think the colour will work for most people too so it's definitely worth checking out the next time you're at a counter. It's also a bit of a feel-good purchase because the proceeds go to a charity. If you're not familiar with Illamasqua's involvement with the Sophie Lancaster Foundation, go and read about it!

S.O.P.H.I.E. blush is priced at £18 online and at counters.

Stace xx

6 comments:

  1. This blush looks right up my street! I've been saying for a while that I need to try some Illamasqua products so this may be a good place to start :D

    Great review.

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps! I really rate their lipstick in Magnetism and their Highlighter brush too. There's a lovely new collection launching tomorrow - I'm dying to get my hands on the polishes!xx

      Delete
  2. Thats such a gorgeous colour xx

    xelliealicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive got all kinds of Illamasqua bits and bobs but ive never gotten a blush, dunno why ive only heard great things about them. Think a trip to the Met Quarter is in order x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this blush! such a pretty colour. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I've not been wearing it this week and I miss it already!xx

      Delete