Sunday 17 July 2011

Review: Dior Diorshow Black Out Mascara

I've held on to this mascara for much longer than I should have so I'm forcing myself to throw it out. Before I do, I thought I'd share my thoughts on it with you!








Brush Close Up


The Wand


Product: Diorshow Black Out Mascara

Price: £22 at Debenhams

Description: "Dior reinvents mascara by incorporating pro techniques into one ingenious product. Courtesy of Black Fix Complex - a unique blend of deeply saturated pigments - this creamy formula is the first to reproduce the intensity of kohl. Thickening powder adds staying power, while an Arabic gum extract provides a perfect charcoal-like finish and adds to its incredible resistance. Spectacularly intense!"

What's Good About It?
I do like how it makes my lashes look. This mascara definitely makes them look super black and gives them plenty of extra volume. The packaging is nice and the wand, although pretty large, wasn't difficult for me to use. Some people complain about the brush but I didn't have any problems with it.

What's Disappointing?
I have to say, I was disappointed with this mascara. Despite liking the look it gave my lashes, I found it smudged *so* much. Considering it's supposed to have great staying power, this is my main criticism of this product. I liked the look this gave me for nights out but always ended up coming home with mascara half way down my face. I thought it was just because nights out tend to be more sweaty but I tried this mascara several times during the day too and still had lots of smudging. This is the worst mascara I've used in terms of smudging so I was pretty miffed considering it was also the most expensive mascara I've ever bought. 

Overall Score & Comment: 5/10 - I love the effect but I can't deal with the smudging issue! If you want to try this mascara, I'd definitely suggest seeking out a sample size first so you can see if it smudges badly for you.


Have you tried this mascara? Did you love it? Hate it?

Stace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment