Saturday 19 January 2013

The Illamasqua Sale - My Top Picks

Whilst I do love a good bargain. most beauty related sales and offers fail to interest me. This is usually either because the discounts are fairly meagre or because the products offered wouldn't sell at full price in a million years. Puke-coloured nail polish, anyone? Thought not. 

One brand which has impressed me with their current sale is Illasmasqua. They're offering decent range of products with up to 70% off. Okay, there are a few cement-toned lipsticks and lots of base products I'm not interested in, but my current basket includes:


This intensely pigmented gloss essentially functions as a liquid lipstick. The shade Succubus looks like the perfect glossy blood red which would suit most skintones. 


I've never tried a Liquid Metal before but this shade reminds me a bit of BeneFit's Skinny Jeans which I loved but found to be a bit too green for me to reach for on an everyday basis. I think this might be a nice alternative shade. 


I've had my eye on this for a while; it's a dark aubergine purple shade which I think I'll love. I was always put off by the £17.50 price tag for such a tiny amount of product but at a fiver, it's a steal!


Most long-term readers of this blog will know that I have a real issue with shimmery nail polishes; I hate 99% of them. This beauty is an exception though; I need it!



Technically this isn't in my basket; I already own one of these brushes but I wanted to include it in this post because it's an excellent brush. It's a large blending brush so it's not great for precision eyeshadow looks but it's handy for blending in under eye concealer, powdering under the eyes and applying highlighter.

Have you picked anything up from the Illamasqua sale?

Stace xx


*All images from illamasqua.com 

12 comments:

  1. The Liquid Metal looks really nice, good price! They have such a good sale but I think I'd just be buying for the sake of it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're perhaps better off not bothering - the comments below say they're rubbish! :P xx

      Delete
  2. Omg this is an amazing sale, I've never tried Illamasqua before, really want to though!

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great brand - I've tried quite a few of their products :) xx

      Delete
  3. Their intense glosses are brilliant, really pigmented! They're a little bit on the sticky side but that wears off.
    Im running a NARS Giveaway over on my blog if you're interested in entering Stace xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Liquid Metals for me are one of the few Illamasqua products I steer clear of. You CAN use them, but try to use them on their own, they crease. Even with a base, they crease. I find them so difficult to use :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up Cami...it's such a pretty colour though! Grr!xx

      Delete
  5. Cami speaks the truth Stace, the liquid metals and original formula cream shadows are some of the worst eye products I've ever used. You cannot stop them from creasing.
    I love practically everything else they do though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried either of those products before and I probably never will now!xx

      Delete
  6. I already own a blending brush 2, but love it so much I picked up another in the sale! I'm scared it's in the sale because it's being discontinued (anyone know?) and never want to be without it. I also picked up Baptiste and Boosh nail polishes and a Berber pure pigment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they are - I bought mine in a sale last year and then spotted it back up at full price. At least you have two now, eh?xx

      Delete