Monday 4 July 2011

Review & Swatches: L'Oreal HiP Jelly Balms

I managed to pick up six of these on a blog sale from the US and I really like them!

Here are some photos:



L-R: Luscious, Succulent, Ripe, Savory, Plush & Delectable

Product: L'Oreal HiP Jelly Balms

Price: As far as I know these aren't readily available in UK stores but they can be found on EBay and other online shops. I heard a rumour that they were being discontinued in the States but I'm not sure if that actually happened or not!

Description: "Discover the secret for sheer, mouthwatering lip colour. HiP Jelly Balms deliver a pop of sheer, tempting shine in a light, soothing balm. You'll get a fresh, sweet look that leaves lips soft and conditioned"

What's Good About Them?
I love the creamy, glossy texture and finish of these. They're not greasy like some other lip balms and I do find them to be reasonably moisturising. I like the feel of the packaging too and the scent/flavour is pretty inoffensive (which I appreciate given my recent experience with Sleek Pout Polishes which made me feel physically ill!)

What's Disappointing?
The only let down with these is that the pigmentation is pretty poor (the swatches above are very heavy swatches!) but I can live with that as it means you don't need a mirror or anything to apply them. The names of some of them also seem a bit weird to me but that really is nit picking!

Overall Score/Comments: 9/10 - if you can pick up a couple of these cheaply, I'd definitely recommend you do! 

Have you tried any of these Jelly Balms? What are your thoughts?

Stace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment