Tuesday 5 July 2011

NOTD: American Apparel - Mount Royal

Well, these are the nails of yesterday, actually, I'm just about to take this off and put on something else but I thought I'd share because I love the colour!



American Apparel - Mount Royal
(Barry M clear base coat, two coats of colour & Sally Hansen Mega Shine top coat)


I really like these American Apparel polishes since picking one up on a whim when buying overpriced basics in the store. They are £7 each in the UK and you can get them on the American Apparel site and in stores. I think all the shades available have cream finishes which suits me prefectly! I did two coats of this but I could have gotten away with one if I had to. I also find they dry pretty quickly on their own too. I love the colour of this, it's not a true royal blue, there's a bit of 'dusty-ness' to it which makes it look a bit purple sometimes. I used to think I'd never wear blue nail polish but I seem to own quite a few now! This is one of my favorites though as it's less garish than a lot of other blues. 

The only gripe I have with this polish is that it chipped on me within a day. I find that most of my polishes last at least three days without chipping so this is disappointing. It doesn't bother me massively though as I tend to change my polishes at least every two days anyway (what can I say? I find it relaxing! I also have far too much nail polish so need to justify my collection by using it constantly!).


Have you tried any of these polishes? What do you think of them?

Stace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment