Friday 8 July 2011

Review & Swatches: Topshop Lip Stick in Rapturous

I have tried a few other Topshop make up products but this is definitely my favourite so far!






Product: Topshop Lip Stick in Rapturous 


Price: £7 


DescriptionMatte finish lipstick in a chubby pencil format, great for applying on the go. The shade is described as an orange-red.


What's Good About It?
Well I love the colour, it looks great with my NC30/35 skin. The main plus point of this product is the fact it's a pencil. It's so easy to apply anywhere (I tried it on a night out - no lipstick where it shouldn't be!). I've tried similar products but I've always found they don't quite pack the same punch as a lipstick. I thought this would be better since it's matte and I was pleasantly surprised at just how pigmented it is. Lasting power was pretty good too, but I find that with most matte lipsticks. 


What's Disappointing?
I do find this quite drying and the fact it has to be sharpened means if you take it in your bag but need to sharpen it, you can't use it unless you chuck in a large sharpener too!


Overall Score & Comment: 7/10 - I like this but I don't love it. It's a great colour and great for popping in your bag but it is drying and there are drawbacks to it being a pencil rather than a typical lipstick. I would like to try other shades to see if they're as good!




What do you think of Topshop make up? Do you have any recommendations?

Stace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment