Thursday 7 July 2011

Haul & Swatches: China Glaze, Sleek & Bourjois

I saw the MAC Semi Precious collection was online a few days ago and wanted to spend a fortune but in the end I decided to pass; I'd been reading the Temptalia posts about the collection and had thought I'd want a few items but when it came down to it, I already had similar shades in my collection. I avoided the store when I went to town today just in case I was tempted! I've been trying not to spend too much recently so this is only a little haul!


I realised that there's a Sally's right round the corner from me. I've never been there before but I knew they stocked China Glaze so decided to pop in today. Here's what I came out with:






Ruby Pumps - £6.49


Aztec Orange - £6.49


Ruby Pumps had been on my wish list for some time. I probably won't be wearing it until later in the year, though. I've swatched it and I like how even though it's glittery, it's not really gritty on the nail. I hate that feeling! I spotted Aztec Orange because I've been looking for a coral/orange/red shade for ages! I'm waiting on a swap parcel which includes Essie's Chubby Cheeks but it is much more orange. I might be putting this one on straight away! I'm a bit concerned that the formula seems a bit thin so I'll get back to you on that!





Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in shade 55 - £9.99

I tried this in 56 a few months ago and it was super dark. I thought I'd need 54 but when I swatched both in store and 54 seemed a little too light. I've not tried this on my face yet so I'm not sure it will work but I think it will! I love the smell of this and the formula is lovely and lightweight. I can't wait to wear it!



Sleek Oh So Special Palette - £6.49

I managed to pick up the last one on the shelf. This was a bit of an impulse buy but I did have it on my wish list. I do prefer neutrals so I thought I was sure to like this one.




My favourites are the shimmery shades, especially Gift Basket, Organza and Glitz. I'm not a huge fan of matte eyeshadows in general and had to swatch some of these quite heavily to get them to show up. Wrapped Up was the best matte shade in terms of pigmentation but all the mattes do have a smooth texture. I'm sure I will use this but it's not as great as I was expecting it to be; I think the Storm Palette will always be my favourite!

That's all folks!


Have you picked up Oh So Special? Or do you own any of the other items I purchased? What do you think of them?

Stace xx


No comments:

Post a Comment