Wednesday 3 August 2011

I Was Going To Do A July Favourites Post But...

I looked through my stash to see what I'd been using the most and there weren't a lot of things I've been using all the time. Due to running out foundations and trying one which broke me out I've been chopping and changing the foundation, concealer and powder I've been using. I've been reaching for all sorts of different eyeshadows and lip products too so I can't really choose definite favourites. 

Instead I thought I'd tell you about the two sorts of products I've been using almost every day; cream blush and cream/gel eyeliner.

Cream Blush:



L-R: Sonia Kashuk Creme Blush in Petal, Illamasqua Cream Blusher in Dixie


NYC Blushable Creme Stick in South St Seashell


Swatches: SK Petal, Illamasqua Dixie, NYC South St Seashell

I've been applying all three of these with my E.L.F. Studio Powder brush. Now, I bought a MAC 188 to use with cream blush and I do use it with my Rich Coral Cream Colour Base from MAC but when I tried to use it with these three, it wasn't picking up the right amount of colour or distributing it evenly. I didn't know what to do - I'd tried applying the blushes with my fingers (or directly to my face with the NYC) and it didn't look great. I either put on too much or rubbed it in to the point where it was barely visible. I had a look at my brushes and thought I'd give the E.L.F. a go - I have two of these, one which I used to use for foundation and one that I use occasionally for powder blush. I just dot the brush on the top of the product (or rub some of the NYC on top of the brush) and dab it on to my face. Then I blend it out. And it looks great! I've not touched a powder blush for a while now thanks to finally working out how to use cream blushes! 

The Sonia Kashuk blush dries down to a slightly more powdery finish than the Illamasaqua. The NYC leaves quite a nice sheen. I couldn't choose a favourite out of these three!


Cream/Gel Liners:



L-R: Bobbi Brown Sepia Ink Long Wear Cream Liner, Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Cream Liners for Brown Eyes (brown, black, purple)


BB Sepia Ink, PF Brown


PF Black, PF Purple


Sephora Bent Liner Brush


L-R: PF Purple, PF Black, PF Brown, BB Sepia Ink


I did a post recently about how much I love Bobbi Brown gel liners and Sepia Ink was the one I used most this month. I received the Physicians Formula trio in a swap with a lovely girl on Makeupalley this month and I think these are great quality! I love the purple on my brown eyes and I think the brown shade is very similar to Sepia Ink. They don't wear as long as the Bobbi Brown liners but they still last a good 6 hours on my eyes (this is good for me!) and are pretty good on the waterline too.

The brush is really what has made me gravitate towards these liners. It was a random addition to a blog sale purchase but it has made applying gel liners so easy! I tried a similar one from E.L.F. and it was rubbish. I don't think this one is anything special and I'm sure there are loads of similar versions here in the UK. You seriously need one in your collection!



So...are you a fan of cream blushes and liners? What are your favourites?

Stace xx







No comments:

Post a Comment