Thursday 4 August 2011

Yesterday's Simple Neutral Make Up

I liked my make up yesterday but didn't have the time to take photos before I headed out so I thought I'd just share the products I used. I had to run errands all day so just went for a very simple, neutral look. My boyfriend thought it was pretty, too!



First up, EOS Lip Balm in Lemon Drop


I use this all the time, I'm really getting through it! This is great for priming lips for lipstick as it's not too thick or greasy.

Then I applied L'Oreal Studio Secrets Smoothing Resurfacing Primer to the areas of my face where I have larger pores.


This was a first for me, I just ran out of my POREFessional from BeneFit so I've moved on to this. The texture is so weird! I think it worked okay - I need to test it out some more before forming my opinion on it!

Next up is a layer of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B40.


I use my fingers to apply this and love it! Review coming soon.

I conceal with Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Concealer in Light/Medium.


This is a little too light but I only use it under my eyes at the moment and it looks fine there.

I used MAC Warm Soul on my cheeks and Improvise as a highlight.


L-R: Improvise, Warm Soul

I love this combination! It's really natural looking on my skin tone. These blushes are strange though, you'd think that Improvise would be the more pigmented of the two but in reality it's pretty sheer.

On my eyes I applied a layer of Indianwood Paint Pot from MAC (this is a DIY pot of Indianwood and Rubenesque) and two coats of Avon SuperShock mascara in Black. 



I'm not a huge fan of the Avon mascara so I'm trying to use it up!

On the lips I used a little bit of MAC Shy Girl and topped it off with a layer of the yummy smelling Toffee lipgloss from Barry M.



I love this combination! I was never a fan of nude lips really but I like this.

Here are some swatches:


Top L-R: EL Concealer, Chanel Vitalumiere, L'Oreal Primer
Bottom L-R: Indianwood PP, Shy Girl, Barry M Toffee


L-R: MAC Improvise, Warm Soul.


I think I'll be reaching for most of these products more often to recreate the look I did yesterday.


Do you like any of these products? What's your favourite simple make up look?

Stace xx













No comments:

Post a Comment