Wednesday 17 August 2011

Review: Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua



Product: Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B40

Price: £31 for 30ml from Debenhams or other Chanel stockists

Description: "Apply your makeup without thinking about it. Its soft and evanescent ultra-fine fluid texture is a real surprise: although exceptionally delicate and light, it offers an incomparable “second-skin” perfecting result. The complexion appears amazingly even, fresh and energized. The skin glows with seemingly nude beauty. As if lit from within. Bathed in light… Its formula, endowed with a UVB sun filter and mineral sunscreen, protects the skin from damaging sun rays (SPF 15). Its crystalline fragrance accentuates the sensation of freshness and pleasure on application."

What's Good About It?
It feels so lightweight, it's so easy to apply with my fingers and it gives a nice finish. I'd tell everyone who has normal/combination skin to try a sample of this. It is quite similar to the Bourjois Healthy Mix but unlike that foundation, Vitalumiere Aqua doesn't break me out. The staying power of this is a lot better than I was expecting. I find that even after a full 12/13 hours of wear, I still need to remove a lot of this foundation which is surprising since it feels so light.

What's Disappointing?
I find I have to use a couple of layers of this most of the time so I use more than I thought I would. I also find that it oxidizes a little on me sometimes which is annoying. The shade range is limited, too. I suppose I should also point out that you really need to shake this stuff up before using it! Make sure you switch arms half way through.

Overall Score/Comment: 8/10 - I think most people will like this foundation unless they have incredibly dry or oily skin. If you can afford it, give it a go!


Have you tried this yet? Are you planning to?

Stace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment