Monday 28 November 2011

Bobbi Brown Corrector

I have this in Peach. It's probably a touch too dark for me if I'm honest but I've been using is regularly under my concealer and it works pretty well. If anyone doesn't know exactly what a corrector is, it's basically a peachy/salmon toned concealer-type product for use on the under eye area. The idea behind it is that the peach tones counteract dark circles. I dot this under my eye with my finger and blend it in using my Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush. Then I apply my normal concealer on top. There are twelve shades available.







Product: Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach

Price: £17 from any Bobbi Brown stockist

Description: 

"A wake-up call for tired eyes. Corrector is pink- or peach-based to neutralise under-eye darkness and is designed to be used before Creamy Concealer. New and improved formula is long-wearing and brightens dark circles with quick, just-right coverage that's easy to blend and won't crease. And since great makeup starts with healthy skin, Corrector is infused with skin conditioners to protect the delicate under-eye area."

What's Good About It?

I prefer using liquid concealers so this corrector is great to use underneath to deal with any discolouration. I use so little each time - this little pot will last me a very long time. I think it's pretty good value for money. I like finding products which do what they claim to! There should be a shade for everyone in this range. 

What's Disappointing?

The consistency is quite thick so you need to warm it up a little with your finger first. Since you need to use another concealer on top, you have to be really careful not to use too much of the corrector - it will look cakey and crease if you have too much product under your eyes.

Overall Score & Comment: 7/10 - it's a nice thing to have but not a necessity unless you have dark under eye circles. If you use it correctly (no pun intended!) it works well. I've not tried any other colour correcting products for the under eye area so don't have anything to compare this to.


Have you tried this product? 

Stace xx



2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try this! Thanks for the review xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl,

    Check your email please! I need some extra info for secret santa

    ReplyDelete