Friday 18 November 2011

October Carmine Beauty Box - My Thoughts

I've just received my November box and thought it would be a nice idea to look back at what I got last month and see what I liked or didn't like from that box. 




I've already reviewed the Balance Me Super Moisturising Hand Cream here. I really like this hand cream and will probably purchase the full size once I use up the other hand creams I'm currently working on. My sample only has a few uses left now.

The main reason I subscribed for the October box was to try the Frat Boy blush from theBalm. Unfortunately I've only used this once all month. I like the colour but I do find it a bit powdery and it's not the easiest blush in the world to apply. I think this particular shade would have been better in a spring or summer box as I've been going for deeper shades this month. I'm still pleased I own it, though.

The Daniel Sandler Eye Delight in Peach was a surprise for me. I hate loose eyeshadows so I thought I'd not be a fan of this. I do find it fiddly to use but it is lovely on my eyes and I've used it as a highlight powder on my cheekbones. It's a nice product.

I've been using the Trind Nail Repair pretty regularly and I have to say, I've not noticed any huge improvement in my nails. I think it has been making them grow very quickly, though! The smell of this almost knocks me out so it's a bit annoying to apply.

Finally, there was a sample of Caudalie Quenching Sorbet Creme and I liked this so much, I already have a full size! This is very hydrating but not great.


On the whole, this was an excellent box and each product is something I can use regularly. My top picks are, strangely, the hand cream and face moisturiser. I say 'strangely' because I don't usually like skincare samples and didn't use hand cream all that often. 

For more information about the service, click here.


Did you get this box? Or do you own any of these products?

Stace xx

2 comments:

  1. I loved this box too cant wait for this months one!! x
    pinkylorren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got some great stuff...I just got my first Birchbox. I need to start testing my stuff.

    Have a great weekend!!

    ♥ Shia

    ReplyDelete