Monday 23 January 2012

Revlon Lip Products #1 - ColorBurst Lip Butters

I seem to have a lot of Revlon lip products. I used to think MAC was my favourite brand for lipsticks and glosses but Revlon has well and truly taken over lately. I'm going to do a few posts over the next few days to share my Revlon lip product collection. 


First up...the latest addition to the Revlon family: ColorBurst Lip Butters!


These come in 20 shades and will be launching in the UK mid-March. I acquired a couple of mine from a blog sale and the rest in a US-UK swap. 


L-R: Creme Brulee, Peach Parfait, Tutti Frutti, Pink Truffle, Berry Smoothie, Raspberry Pie, Sugar Plum, Fig Jam

When I think of a lip butter, I think of a thick, moisturising product. These are more like sheer, slightly hydrating lipsticks. I wouldn't use these in place of a balm but I do like to use them on days when I want some subtle colour and sheen on my lips. I like the fact that they're relatively fuss free to apply; the sheerer shades are, at least.


L-R:
Cream Brulee
Peach Parfait
Tutti Fruitti
Pink Truffle





L-R:
Berry Smoothie
Raspberry Pie
Sugar Plum
Fig Jam




Raspberry Pie is the most pigmented by far. In all the above swatches, I swiped the lip butters several times whereas I only had to swipe Raspberry Pie once.


This is the amount of product in each lip butter. I can't find a weight on the packaging but it looks like it contains a similar amount of product to other Revlon lipsticks. It looks a little shorter because the lipstick is flush with the packaging. 


The lip butter on the right is Fig Jam and it's the only one I've used extensively so far. I've used it over a period of a few weeks but I do have to reapply it quite often so I seem to have used quite a lot of product. 

I like these Lip Butters. I don't think they're incredibly ground breaking but they're nice to have. There is a shade to suit everyone so they're worth a try. 

Stace xx




5 comments:

  1. I can't wait for these to be on sale over here! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to try these when they come out! Probably in Peach Parfait :)
    xxx


    http://angiebeautybelle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so awesome. I can't wait for them to be released here. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I have just discovered your blog and am now following.
    Please check mine out and follow if you like it. ;-)
    Don't forget to check out my nail polish giveaway.
    http://www.allthingsbeautymake-upandshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great swatches. I have and love Tutti Fruity - it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete