Thursday 9 February 2012

Tag: 42 Beauty Questions II

Next up, make up:

11) What foundation do you use?
I'm currently using NARS Sheer Glow but I also enjoy Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua and Make Up Forever HD. I've got a Bobbi Brown Skin foundation to use up, too.


12) How about concealer?

I have quite a few of those as well. I'm using Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection right now but I also like Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer and Bobbi Brown Corrector and Creamy Concealer.

13) Do you know your undertone colour?

I'm a little yellow toned - think NC in MAC.

14) What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I just received some recently, actually. I've never used them. I prefer natural lashes with mascara.


15) Did you know you were supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yep, and I do.


16) What brand of mascara do you use?
Mostly BeneFit's They're Real but I'm also using L'Oreal Telescopic and Bobbi Brown Everything at the moment. They're Real is on its last legs.

17) Sephora or Mac?
MAC...We don't have Sephora in the UK, unfortunately.


18) Do you have a Mac Pro card?
Nope.


19) What makeup tools do you use in makeup application?
I use brushes for most things.

20) Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Yes, I always use Too Faced Shadow Insurance.


21) For the face?

I usually use one. At the moment I'm using MUFE HD primer. It's just okay.

22) What is your favourite eyeshadow? Colour or shade?
I tend to stick to neutral shades - usually something in the 'taupe' family. I like Patina from MAC and the lid shades in both Urban Decay Naked palettes.

23) Do you use pencil or liquid liner?
I mostly use pencil liner (Milani Liquif'Eye). I'd use a gel liner over a liquid liner any day.

24) How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Umm...not very often? I've had more accidents with a mascara wand than an eye liner pencil.

25) What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
Normally, I can't stand them. I own one which I received in a beauty box. It's nice but I don't think I'll be buying any more.

26) Do you use mineral makeup?
Nope.

27) What is your favourite lipstick?
I have to choose one?! My favourite nude shade right now is MAC's Lush Amber, which was limited addition. My favourite bold lipstick is probably Viva Glam I from MAC.

28) How about lipgloss?
Revlon's Nude Lustre Super Lustrous or Clarins Apricot Shimmer Instant Light Lip Perfector are my two favourites. I like the formula of NYX Mega Shine and Estee Lauder Pure Color glosses too, though.

29) What is your favourite blush to use?
Argh! It's so hard to choose. My all-time favourites are MAC Warm Soul and Dior Peachy Keen. I also love MAC Peaches and NARS Gina right now.

30) Do you buy your makeup on Ebay?
No, I don't really buy anything from EBay to be honest.

31) Do you like drugstore makeup?
As with any brand/price point, I like some of what the drugstore has to offer. My problem with cheaper make up is that I tend to buy three of everything! Revlon is my favourite drugstore brand available in the UK, particularly for lip products.

32) Do you go to CCO's? Cosmetic Company Outlet?
I think I went to one years ago but it's closed now. I don't think there are any near me.

33) Did you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Not really. I just watch lots of YouTube videos instead!

34) Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
I wouldn't say so, no. I've managed to find brushes which help me apply my make up quickly and neatly. Certain eyeliners and lipsticks are a bit messy sometimes and it is possible to be a bit heavy handed with blush but I try to stick to the 'start off with a little, you can always add more' mantra.

35) Name a makeup crime that you hate?
Really fake looking eyebrows bother me - I can't stop looking at them! Bold eyes and lips together is also too much for me. Obvious contour 'stripes' look silly, too.

36) Do you like colourful shades of makeup (lipstick or eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
I generally stick to neutrals. I do like brighter lip colours from time to time, though.

37) Which celebrity always has great makeup?
I think women like Catherine Zeta Jones, Sienna Miller and Kate Moss always have nice make up. I like the crazy looks Katy Perry wears - I think they really suit her.

38)If you could leave the house using just ONE makeup item, what would you use?
ONE?! Are you serious? I guess I'd go for a lip balm.

39) Could you leave the house without any makeup on?
Yeah, I pop to Tesco or the Post Office all the time with no make up on but I've been in a routine this year where I put make up on every morning so unless I'm having an off day, I'm always wearing make up when I leave the house.

40) Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
I have some hyper pigmentation on my chin and I get really bad dark circles so I use make up to cover those. I think I look okay with no make up on but I prefer the even skin tone I get when wearing foundation and concealer.

41) In your opinion what is the BEST makeup line?
There are lots of great brands out there. I'd say MAC is the best in terms of their colour range. I like Chanel for a bit of luxury and Revlon is my favourite budget brand. It would be really boring to stick to just one brand, though!

42) What do you think of makeup?
I think it serves two purposes. First it can be used to enhance features and cover problem areas for a bit of a confidence boost. Secondly, it is a creative outlet which allows you to experiment with different colours and formulas to find out what you like best. It can also become a rather expensive habit...

...and on that note, that is all!

Stace xx

 
Ps - I tag anyone who wants to do this! Please link me to your post - I'd love to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment