Saturday 3 March 2012

Botanics Moisturising Sugar Scrub


I purchased this Botanics body scrub from Boots recently for £5.87 (link) and I was sure I'd used it before and liked it. The tub contains a whopping 450ml of product so it seemed like great value to me.


 I used it for the first time last week and that's when I started to notice the problems with this product.


It is relatively pleasant to use in the shower; it smells a bit herbal, as most Botanics products do, but it's not offensive and the exfoliating particles were scrubby enough for my liking. I noticed when I rinsed the product off, it left an oily film on my skin. I've had scrubs like this before so I didn't think anything of it. In fact, I often appreciate a scrub when it's a little moisturising as it means I can skip applying a body butter afterwards.


However, this product was just much too moisturising for me. It took hours for the sticky oily feeling to disappear and it left my bath (our shower is over our bath) covered in a slippery residue which I tried, and failed, to clean off. This stuff should come with some sort of warning!


I honestly can't recommend this product. There are other scrubs in this price range that are moisturising without leaving behind a horrible stick feeling and a crazy amount of residue in the bath/shower. I've got no idea what to do with this huge pot of body scrub now!

Stace xx

5 comments:

  1. sorry to hear that you didnt like it.... I always make my own sugarscrub, I just mix regular sugar with a few drops rose and orange essential oil and add tiny bit of olive oil!
    great revie though ;) x Marina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could stash it away for the summer. You could do a foot bath then and use it on your legs. When you wear short trousers (is that the correct word? I wanted to write 'pants' but I remember there was a difference in American and British English) the sticky film wouldn't interfere.

    Unless you don't fell comfortable with this sticky film at all.

    Chester :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...I just hate the feeling of it. I'm used to scrubs which leave some sort of moisturising feeling behind but this is just something else! I binned it. And I have another scrub review coming up - yet another disappointment!xx

      Delete
  3. sad to hear it's not recommendable. it looked promising. i just adore sugar scrubs--although i feel bad for pricey ones as i know i can just easily make one at home!

    ReplyDelete