Tuesday 13 March 2012

Chanel Perfection Lumiere


I was given a sample of Perfection Lumiere when I went to pick up the Spring collection nail polishes about a month or so. There seemed to be pretty mixed reviews on this when it was first released so I was interested to try it but not expecting too much. 


I was matched to B30 and tried it once when I got home. I thought it was okay but nothing special; it seemed to oxidise quite badly on my skin that day. 


I've been on a bit of a foundation/tinted moisturiser sample kick recently and I've actually bought two new foundations based off trying and loving samples of them so I was pleased I didn't rate this too much. 


However! I've been having some pretty bad skin days recently due to horrible breakouts/scarring on my chin so I decided to try this sample again. I buffed it on with a damp Real Techniques Stippling brush; I'd used that brush the first time I applied it too but it was dry. For some reason the damp brush made a huge difference and the foundation looked much better on my skin.


It also didn't oxidise anywhere near as much as it had when I first used it and the staying power was pretty amazing on my oily t-zone without the need for powder. It has a floral scent which may bother some people but I actually quite like it.


I've included a photo of my chin to show you how well it covered the blemishes/scars without concealer. 


Overall, I do quite like this when applied with a damp brush. It's definitely not a bad foundation but I don't think it's £36's worth of amazing, though so I think I'll pass for now.

On the rest of my face I'm just wearing Daniel Sandler Watercolour Fluid blush in Gentle, BeneFit They're Real mascara and MAC Lush Amber lipstick.

Stace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment