Monday 9 April 2012

NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Paramaribo


 I've been meaning to try this duo ever since I bought it but I've only just gotten around to it. Paramaribo was released in the spring collection and I believe it's limited edition. It is priced at £24 from NARS counters or online (link)



Both shades in the duo are olive greens. I'm rubbish at describing colours but basically the lighter shade has more gold to it whilst the darker shade is more brown. I'd use the darker shade on its own across the lid but these shadows definitely look better when the lighter shade is used all over the lid with the darker shade in the crease.


 Both shadows are nicely pigmented and I didn't experience a great deal of fall out when using these. Whilst they're not the creamiest or softest of shadows, they're the best I've tried from NARS. I've had bad experience with NARS shadows being poorly pigmented and difficult to blend in the past.


 I apply the lighter shade all over the lid with a flat eyeshadow brush and then add the darker shade to the crease before blending it out. This colour looks really nice on my brown eyes. It somehow manages to make them look more chocolate-y. Yum! I found these wore all day with no creasing on top of Too Faced Shadow Insurance.


This is a lovely duo and I'm pleased to have it in my collection. I am typically pretty afraid of colour on my eyes but Paramaribo is a wearable option for me. I challenge any brown eyed girls out there not to love these shades!

Stace xx

3 comments:

  1. what pretty colors. I really want to buy a nars product but I am still choosing!

    http://fashionxfairytale.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I highly recommend their blushes or their Sheer Glow foundation if that makes your decision any easier.xx

      Delete
  2. These are such nice colours!

    ReplyDelete