Tuesday 26 June 2012

MAC Lip Conditioner: An Under-Hyped Gem!


I'm fussy about lip balms. I hate Vaseline or anything that feels too slippery, I don't like having to spend ages trying to get enough balm onto my parched lips and 99% of the time I can't bear to use one in a pot.

The one lip balm in a pot that slipped through the net was MAC's Lip Conditioner; this is my third pot of the stuff. They offer this product in tinted versions too but putting my finger in a pot of coloured, moisturising goop was a step too far for me, it seems. 



The consistency of this lip balm is great; it's soft-ish but not too slippery. It clings to my lips nicely and truly leaves them feeling 'conditioned' - which is the whole point, right? If I'm wanting to apply a lipstick afterwards, I only use a thin layer otherwise I apply it thickly (and end up licking at least half of it off anyway). It's one of those lip balms that you can put on before bed and you'll still feel it's there in the mornings. 

The other lip balm product I like for night time/extreme hydration is Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream but, let's face it, it stinks. Even the 'unscented' version stinks! MAC's Lip Conditioner, on the other hand, smells (and tastes!) delicious. It's not as sickly sweet as their lipsticks but it's still pretty sweet.

All in all, this is a really under-hyped product from MAC, in my opinion. It's £11 for 15 ml (here) which is pretty reasonable. Each pot I've had has lasted me about four to six months but I do reapply it very often and quite thickly. I've tried the versions that come in a tube and it just doesn't compare. It's definitely worth getting your fingers dirty for this one.

Stace xx

2 comments:

  1. This is my holy grail lip balm! For me I think it's just the right texture and consistency and moisturises really well.. as well as smelling fab of course! Great post :)

    Kayleigh
    http://addictfordramaticsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tinted lip conditioners! I think I need this plain one. They're absolutely amazing, but you really don't hear much about these lil' guys.

    ReplyDelete