Friday 17 August 2012

L'Oreal Color Infallible Eyeshadow in Magnetic Coral

I have no idea what possessed me to buy a coral eyeshadow. I tend to play it safe when it comes to eyeshadow shades but I was really drawn to this product after seeing other blog posts about it so I bought it. And, I've used it a lot more than I thought I would!



I have no problems with the packaging; it's plastic so more travel friendly than a glass jar and it has a little stopper to press down the 'loose' shadow. If you've not tried these before because you don't like loose powder products please don't let that put you off. To me this shadow feels more like a very buttery (think Urban Decay but better) pressed shadow. 

The main difference between this product and a pressed shadow is that they tend to work better when applied with fingers. I've tried a few different brushes and find that they just don't pick up enough product if you want anything more than a very sheer wash of colour. Whilst that might be off-putting for someone who prefers to use brushes, I do find that it's a lot quicker and that I still need to use a brush to blend out the edges and add other shadows (if I want to, I often don't!)


Magnetic Coral was released this summer and it's an orange-coral shade with flecks of fuchsia. You can see from the swatch how the mix of the two shades looks. Formula-wise I find it to be a bit drier than the other shade I have, Sahara Treasure (reviewed here) but aside from that I have no issues with it. Pink/coral eyeshaodw can be difficult to pull off; no one wants to look like they have an eye infection, do they? But because of the golden undertone in Magentic Coral it just looks like a slightly more interesting neutral on me. I think it enhances my brown eyes, too. 

My favourite shadow to pair with Magnetic Coral is Twinks from MAC. Twinks is another shade I wasn't sure about when I first got it but it looks lovely with Magentic Coral. I posted a Face of the Day with it recently (here). The result is a relatively inoffensive everyday smoky eye which is coral and plum rather than brown. 


You can pick up L'Oreal Color Infallible shadows from Boots (link) and anywhere L'Oreal is sold. They are priced at £6.99. 

Have you tried any of these shadows?

Stace xx

PS - I have also tried using this as a blush! It's pretty on the cheeks when applied with a fluffy blush brush but for me it was a tiny bit *too* shimmery.

6 comments:

  1. It's really interesting to me that L'Oreal seems to have completely different Infallible color lines in different countries. I know this one isn't in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - a friend in the States got me to pick up some for her :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was gonna say what's it like on the cheeks then saw you had written at the bottom. Maybe you could use it lightly as a highlighter with a peachy blush too.

    ReplyDelete