Thursday 23 August 2012

Origins Super Spot Remover


I posted recently about some of the things I do in an attempt to prevent breakouts (read that post here) but when I do get a pimple I always reach for my Origins Super Spot Remover. I purchased this around Christmas time and have used it countless times since then. 



I've tried several other spot treatments from a range of price points and I have to say that this one is by far my favourite. I don't know much about the science behind it but it just seems to do what it promises to. Origins claim that it will heal the blemish, calm any redness and help to fade any scarring. 


The product itself is a clear gel which I dab on a blemish as soon as it rears it's ugly head. I apply it several times a day both under and over make up; I apply a thick layer at night before bed. When I first apply the gel I can feel a bit of a tingle but it isn't painful at all and once the gel dries it is no longer visible on the skin. 

I find that it does reduce redness and helps the spot to heal more quickly. I can't comment too much on how the Super Spot Remover helps with scarring because I tend to stop using it once the spot has gone but I will say that the mark left behind usually isn't as dark. 


My only gripe with this product is the packaging. Yes, it looks very cute but it's not particularly practical for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I always end up squeezing out too much product because it's so difficult to control that. Secondly, when I can no longer get any product out of the little bottle, there'll still be lots left. Basically the packaging results in a lot of wasted product which is frustrating considering the price. 

The Origins Super Spot remover is priced at £13.00 and available online (link) and from Origins stores and counters. I think it's worth the money but I wish they'd alter the packaging to cut down on the amount of wasted product. 

Have you tried this products? What's your favourite spot treatment?

Stace xx

2 comments:

  1. This is my favourite spot removing product too. It does the job and I agree about the packaging it's useless. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that I'm not alone in struggling with the packaging!xx

      Delete