Tuesday 25 September 2012

Yes To Cucumbers Soothing Body Lotion

Have you ever made an ASOS order and added a few beauty products into your basket at the last minute? I seem to do that almost every time I place an order and one of my most recent sneaky beauty purchases was this Yes To Cucumbers soothing body lotion. I've never tried anything from the Yes To... ranges before but at the time my skin felt really sensitive, itchy and tight so I hoped this lotion might help.


The packaging is pretty straightforward and easy to use so I have no complaints on that front. Yes To...say that the lotion contains cucumber and aloe extracts, making it perfect for sensitive skin. I have to say that I agree with that; when I used the product it didn't react badly with my skin at all and it did feel quite cooling and soothing. It moisturised my skin relatively well, too.


There are two things that have put me off buying this again; the smell and the texture. The scent is horrible. I was expecting it to smell really fresh and inoffensive but it has a really strong and not very pleasant scent which lingered quite a bit on my skin. Yes To... say that this lotion is 'lightweight' and I don't necessarily agree. It's not as thick as a body butter but it takes just as long, if not longer to sink into the skin. It feels like a thick gel-cream.


As you can probably tell, I have mixed feelings about this product. I like the way it feels on my skin initially and I think it delivers in terms of soothing sensitive skin but I don't enjoy using it because of the scent and the fact it takes so long to sink into my skin despite being marketed as a lightweight lotion. In saying that, I have used the entire tube already but perhaps I was just making an effort to use it up!

The Yes To Cucumbers Soothing Body Lotion is available from ASOS and is priced at £10.00.

Have you tried any products from the Yes To... range? I'm interested in trying some more.

Stace xx



1 comment: