Monday 3 December 2012

What's in my make up bag? [Using my Naked palette]

Everytime I look through my eye make up I spot my Urban Decay Naked palette and quietly scold myself for not using it more. I'm determined to make good use of it over the next couple of weeks!


I'm mixing up the base products I'm using (with the exception of concealers) to incorporate my new bottle of NARS Sheer Glow. I don't normally use a setting powder with this foundation but if I need one I've included LUSH's Emotional Brilliance loose powder. If I want to use a primer I have a little Murad primer sample to use up. For concealer, I'm sticking with my trusty duo of Collection Lasting Perfection and Rimmel Wake Me Up. I've also thrown in a BeneFit Sunbeam highlighter sample which I used for the first time today; I like it!


For blush I'm giving myself a bright shimmery coral option with S.O.P.H.I.E. from Illamasqua and a natural satin option in NARS Madly. Madly is definitely my most used blush and has been for about six months now whereas S.O.P.H.I.E. is brand new and crying out to be used for the first time. Both shades should work fairly well with the Naked palette's shadows. 


For eyes I have, of course, my Naked palette; I plan on wearing at least one eyeshadow every day! I'm going to use NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base underneath the shadows and LUSH's Eyes Right mascara. I've added a couple of Milani Liquf'Eye liners in black and brown in case I fancy using one. For my brows I have Smashbox Brow Tech but I realised this morning that I've lost (for the second time!) the brush I love to use with this so I may have to switch it out and use my Lancome brow pencil instead.


For lips I have two neutral shades; 17's Mirror Shine lipstick in Beehive and Rimmel by Kate Moss in 19. Beehive is lighter and glossier whereas 19 is a rosier shade with great staying power. If I want to wear a bolder colour it's going to be either Rimmel by Kate Moss Matte in 107 which is a medium berry shade or a warm toned pink in the form of Illamasqua's medium pencil in Titivate.

What's in your make up bag this week?

Stace xx

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous lip products and i love the blush colours too :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lip products. I found I never used my naked palette, its gorgeous but I never reached for it. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love some of the shades in there (some are too sparkly or not my thing, though!) but I just never, ever reach for it. xx

      Delete
  3. I have the opposite problem I have loads of gorgeous and expensive single eyeshadows but I end up using my naked palette almost every day!Love the look of Madly xx
    kittymakesup.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well if I'm honest I don't wear eyeshadow too often so it's not a case of me using all my beautiful single eyeshadows instead! I got rid of lots of those in blog sales, though. Madly is GORGEOUS! You need it :) xx

      Delete
  4. I swear by the Lasting perfection concealer its amazing and if you use shade 1 it makes a fabulous highlighter as well :D

    www.andiijamesblog.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete