Wednesday 20 July 2011

Review/Overview of My Current Moisturisers - Origins, Clean & Clear and Embryolisse

I have three different moisturisers that I use depending on what my skin is like. My skin is combination and I am prone to breakouts, mostly on my chin (these are 'hormonal' apparently...) and sometimes get pimples in my T-zone area if I use a product that doesn't agree with my skin.


Previously I was using Dior Hydra Life Pro Youth Sorbet and was pleased with it but at £41 for 50ml it was pretty pricey and I did find that my cheeks were still a little dry from time to time.


Now I use a combination of the following...





L-R: Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre, Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturiser, Origins VitaZing


Product: Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre

Price: £17 for 75ml from cocobeau.co.uk

Description: "Moisturising and nourishing care product for a smooth and elastic, supper and soft skin. Apply to clean, dry skin in the mornins and/or evening. Spread gently and leave to penetrate"

What's Good About It?
This is great for moisturising any dry areas on my face and it doesn't break me out in my T-zone. It claims to be a good base for make up and this is somewhat true but only on the drier parts of my face. I tend to use a different primer on oily areas over the top of this moisturiser. I tend to use this more often at night if I've used the Origins VitaZing in the morning. If I've used the Clean & Clear at night, I'll use the Embryolisse in the morning to put some extra moisture back into my skin. I like that it comes in a tube too, it's much more hygienic.

What's Disappointing?
I'm pretty pleased with this product so I don't have too much to complain about. I guess it is a bit more difficult to track down because you have to purchase it online.

Overall Score/Comment: 9/10 - I will definitely repurchase this and I think for the price, it's definitely worth it.



Product: Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturiser 


Price: £3.46 for 100ml from Boots (available from most other chemists and supermarkets which stock Clean & Clear - prices will vary)


Description: Clean & Clear® Dual Action Moisturiser combines oil-free moisturisers which won’t clog pores with a proven spot-fighting ingredient to help prevent spots and blemishes.


What's Good About It?
I use if I have spots and only then. I don't use this every day because it would dry out my skin too much and also because I don't want my skin to get used to it as I feel that would make it less effective as a spot treatment. It reduces the redness of any angry looking spots so it does what it says on the tin. I can't say whether or not it prevents blemishes as I only use it when I get spots. It makes my face feel a little tingly and personally, I like that because it makes me feel that it's working. I usually only use this at night unless I have a bad spot in the morning in which case I'll use it then too.


What's Disappointing?
I can't really complain about this product as it does what it claims it will do. I suppose I wouldn't recommend using it all the time as I don't think it's moisturising enough.


Overall Score & Comment: 8/10 - I will always have a tube of this! It's unbeatable for the price and works for me.



Product: VitaZing SPF 15 Energy Boosting Moisturizer

Price: £25 for 50ml from Debenhams and other Origins stockists

Description: "Your skin hasn't a care in the world when stimulating Ginkgo Extract, firming Birch Extract and nourishing Soybean Oil fortify it with everything it needs to face the day in a positive way."

What's Good About It?
It's a nice daily moisturizer and makes a good base for most sorts of foundations (I wouldn't use it along with a really matte foundation as I think my face would look too flat - I'm not a huge fan of a matte finish!). It does seem to even out my skin tone slightly and there have been times when I have good skin that I just put a bit of MAC's MSF Natural on top. 

What's Disappointing?
I bought this because of all the hype and I don't think it's completely lived up to my expectations. Don't buy this to use as a tinted moisturiser as it, in my opinion, doesn't give any coverage. 

Overall Score & Comment: 6/10 - I like this as a moisturiser and like how it evens out my skin tone but I don't think I like it enough to buy it again.



Phew! I hope you found that interesting or at least a little bit useful!



Do you use any of these products? What do you think of them?

Stace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment