Tuesday 24 April 2012

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm

I've been meaning to write a blog post about this product for the longest time. I bought it back before Christmas and I always use it if I'm going somewhere special or if I just want to perk up my skin. It's one of those products I always want to have in my collection.


I bought this on a whim because I'd read so many rave reviews about it but I wasn't sure how it would work on my oilier skin. I didn't know if it was supposed to be a moisturiser or a primer or something in between. Considering its price tag of £28, it was definitely an impulse buy. 



I know the price can be off putting so I thought it would be useful to let you all know how I use my Beauty Flash Balm and why I love it. 

The instructions say to apply it in sweeping motions over a clean face before make up. Don't be tempted to rub it in too much! I only use a little (see the above photo) and I apply my foundation immediately. I find that my skin instantly looks brighter without looking shimmery or greasy. It leaves a nice fresh feeling on my skin. I don't find that Beauty Flash Balm extends the wear of my foundation or that it controls oil but I don't find that it reduces wear time or increases oiliness either. 

It's so difficult to describe how this product works! It's one of those things you have to try for yourself  to see if you like it or not. I think one of the biggest mistakes people make when using this is rubbing it into their skin too much. It feels a bit unnatural to apply a cream product without buffing it in so that's probably why. I have combination skin but this product is recommended for all skin types. Basically, if you think your skin is looking a little dull and tired it might be worth giving Beauty Flash Balm a go. 

If you've tried it, please let me know your thoughts in the comments!

Stace xx

Ps - I'm sorry for the lack of posts! I had two important exams yesterday. 

2 comments:

  1. There are about a dozen products from Clarins I really want to try and this is one of them! Great post and review! xo

    tattooedtealady.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear by this product both for myself and for my clients. It's definitely more of a "treat" for me; it feels beautiful and I love how it makes my skin look and feel. x

    ReplyDelete