Thursday 9 August 2012

NARS Blush in Madly

Regular readers of this blog will know that NARS blushes are by far my favourite blushes. Madly is my most recent acquisition and it has quickly become one of my go to blushes.  


NARS describe Madly as a 'warm soft focus seashell pink' but on me it definitely looks more brown than pink. When I first got my hands on it I was a bit worried that it was too light for me but I was wrong. It's definitely a lot more subtle than the bright peach blushes I tend to favour but it's a nice change. This colour gives my face a softly contoured look which goes with any eye and lip combination. I've worn Madly on days when I'm going for a very minimal look as well as when I've got a lot going on on my eyes or lips. In blush terms, it's a bit of a jack-of-all-trades.


The texture of Madly is similar to my other favourites from NARS so I have no complaints there. I like to apply it with a MAC 168 brush but I've found that it's quite difficult to get it wrong with this blush so the brush probably doesn't matter as much as it does with a more vibrant shade. Just because this shade is more subtle than some others doesn't mean it lacks in pigmentation; I still only use a little each time I wear it. Finish-wise, I was convinced that Madly was matte but on closer inspection there is a little shimmer in there in the pan but I don't find that it translates on my face.


All in all, Madly is an excellent blush and definitely worth trying if you have a light/medium warm skintone. It is priced at £21 and available from NARS online (here) and at counters.

Have you tried Madly?

Stace xx

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely! I've never tried any NARS blushes but the colour reminds me of Benefit's 'Dallas' box powder! :) xx

    http://thebeautyfiend13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a lot lighter, less pink and less shimnery in comparison to Dallas in my opinion but I guess its along the same lines in that its s warm toned neutral blush :) xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I really missed it this week - I should have packed it!xx

      Delete